5 Basic Steps to Liver Detoxification
Liver. By its name, you can already understand its role- we cannot be “livers” of life without it. Our liver has a dual role. It is both the main organ for detoxifying (which your body is naturally doing all the time) as well as an important part of your digestive tract. As the liver performs a variety of important functions it is extremely important to keep in mind what to do and what not to do.
These are the top 10 symptoms your liver is crying out for help:
- unexpected signs of aging
- unexplained weight gain and inability to lose it even with calorie restriction
- abdominal bloating
- pain or discomfort above the liver – (right upper abdominal area under the rib cage)
- excessive abdominal fat
- bad breath, unbalanced oral microflora
- acid reflux/heartburn
- skin dark spots commonly referred to as liver spots
- body overheating & excessive perspiration
- acne/rosacea or itchy, blotchy skin
Photo from http://blissayurvedaindia.blogspot.com/2015/08/ayurveda-and-liver-health_10.html
Check out these 5 steps on how to begin your liver detoxification:
- Each day, for seven days, choose at least three servings from each group of the following liver-loving foods:
- Crucifers, such as cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, broccoli sprouts
- Green leafy vegetables and herbs, like parsley, kale, watercress, chard, cilantro, beet greens, escarole, dandelion greens and mustard greens
- Citrus, like oranges, lemons and limes (avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, which contain a compound called naringen that can interfere with the liver-cleansing process)
- Sulfur-rich foods, like garlic, onions, eggs and daikon radish
- Liver healers, such as artichoke, asparagus, beets, celery, dandelion-root tea, whey and nutritional yeast flakes
- Each day, choose at least two of the following xolon-caring foods: milled or ground flaxseeds, carrots, apple, pear or berries.
- Each day, drink half your body weight in ounces of filtered or purified water.
- Avoid the following “detox detractors”:
- Excess dietary fats, especially trans fats
- Any form of sugar, including honey and maple syrup
- Artificial sweeteners
- Refined carbohydrates, including white rice and products made from white flour
- Gluten, found in wheat, rye, barley and all their related products, such as packaged cereals, macaroni and cheese, pizza dough, pasta, tortillas, pancake/waffle mixes and cookies, as well as in many “low-carb” products, vegetable proteins, some soy sauces and distilled vinegars
- Soy protein isolates, found in many protein energy bars and processed soy foods
- Alcohol, over-the-counter drugs and caffeine
- Each day, make sure you have 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil in the form of olive oil, flaxseed oil or a “woman’s oil” (a flaxseed oil-black-currant oil blend).
The liver plays many vital roles. Return the favor by performing these ways of cleansing your body’s largest gland. Putting in the extra effort to detoxify your liver can significantly improve your liver’s health. Eat the right foods and at the same time, consciously surround yourself in as natural, clean, and chemically free an environment as possible.
You may also like
Get rid of toxins and rejuvenate your digestive system. Natural base formula
One-of-a-kind revolutionary new compound of 4 proven nutrients- digestive health
See more at